StageFrights are a unique type of mask that have been used by the Hollywood makeup FX industry to turn actors into realistic creatures. This type of professional grade foam latex appliance is now available to the public. StageFrights foam latex prosthetics are great for a unique Halloween costume, realisitic stage effects, live action roll playing, independent film costuming or just for playing around. How foam latex prosthetic appliances work Foam latex prosthetic masks are made of a soft spongy latex material that closely imitates the look and feel of skin. The piece is adhered or glued directly to the skin. It is then blended in and colored with makeup. The piece will move with your movements bringing your character to life.
Item Number: HD600-124
Size: One size fits most
Includes: One foam latex appliance Proudly Made in the USA.
Instructions: How to apply the mask:This mask is designed to be adhered or glued to your face. This creates the unique effect of moving with your expressions and giving the illusion that you have become your character.
- Decide if you are going to put makeup on the piece before or after applying it to your face then proceed accordingly (see back side*).
- Wash or clean skin with soap and water or other skin cleanser. Skin oils can affect adhesion.
- Hold the prosthetic up to your face to get a feel for placement. If the piece came with a closed mouth, you will need to cut it open.
- Apply adhesive to the wearers skin and to the back of the appliance according to the instructions supplied with your chosen adhesive.
- Once the adhesive is tacky, align the prosthetic to the subjects face. Press the piece onto the subjects face.
- Blend edges with Liquid Latex (optional).
Additional Notes: Things you will need:
- Cosmetic grade adhesive: Spirit Gum, Pros Aid, Latex Adhesive, Prosthetic Adhesive etc. To glue piece on
- Adhesive remover: remover specific to your chosen adhesive, removers are not universal To remove adhesive
- Makeup: 2 or more colors suggested. Any type will do.
- Makeup Remover: remover specific to your chosen makeup, removers are not universal.
- Adhesive and Makeup applicators: foam sponges, makeup brushes, cotton swabs etc for applying adhesive and makeup.
- Liquid Latex for blending edges
- Stipple Sponge for adding makeup texture
- Setting Powder to dry and seal oil based makeup
- Powder Puff to apply setting powder (only if you are going to use setting powder)
- Castor Sealer or Barrier Spray sealer (read makeup considerations below) to seal the appliance before makeup.
- A friend to help very helpful, but not required.